Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Personal development


A painting for a friend

Work in progress

16x20' Acrylic, oil, spray paint on canvas.









"This is it, this is the start of something new, something different, something grand."


For those who follow me on here, and there are only 6 of you currently, I started this blog for a few reasons. The first reason as you can plainly see, is that I wanted to feature my artwork on the web, get it out there visually so people can see what I have sitting around in my room.

The second reason I started this blog, and a reason most of you aren't familiar with, is because I want to eventually write content for the web.

I majored in history at the U, the main reason I chose that degree is because I knew I would be able to pass my classes, and still have time to snowboard as much as possible. You see, snowboarding is my first true love, nothing in the world is as fun and exciting as strapping in at the top of the lift and going and doing what you love.

Now what do majoring in history, and writing for the web have in common you might ask? Well both of these pursuits would allow me flexibility to pursue my passion(s). I can't be boxed in an office, rigid schedules and monotony kill me. As the creative type, to suffer through a long 8 hour day, with a few short breaks and repetitious workloads is absolute torture.

To prove it, this time last year I had been at a new job for about 4 weeks. I was selling ADT security systems inbound. Meaning I would wait for the phone to ring, and once it did I had to immediately sell that person our product. I had done door to door before as well as been a collections agent for Discover card so it came naturally.

There was a problem though, I HATED it. 3 weeks into the job I was the number one sales rep on the team, and 3 weeks later I was fired. I couldn't show up for the job, and since they had a nice little system where I could just call their automated service and not show up, I abused the crap out of it.

So what does this have to do with you? Well since the internet is the future, and since a lot of you are the same personality as me I'm basically telling you to follow me, to see what I'm doing. I see myself being successful and soon, and I'd like to take some of you along with me.

I'm learning a great deal right now, and am willing to pass what I know onto you. If there's one thing I've learned about this world is it is too big for just me, and that's where you fit in.

So to my friends, and followers...let's do this.




No comments:

Post a Comment